In this blog, you will get to know How To Recover VBA Project Passwords. But first, we will tell you about its features.
What Is a VBA Project Password?
Excel VBA Project Password is a VBA tool that is used to protect project code with a password. We can protect both the worksheet and the projects this way. When we protect the project, we are also protecting the Excel workbook in some ways. In VBA, we can either protect or preserve a single project or multiple projects. And the same procedure can be used for both categories.
How To Use VBA Project Password
To enable the VBA Project by using the password you have to use the VBA Project properties option from the Toolbar menu. After that, we will get the window of VBA Project properties where we can set the password of our choice so that the projects can be protected in VBA.
Features Of VBA Password Recovery
Recovers Forgotten Password: You can recover the VBA project password easily with the help of this tool. Because of something happening if you have lost or forgotten your password, this tool can recover it without any issue.
Generation Of New Passwords Automatically: The best feature of this tool is that it will automatically generate a new password and will remove the old password.
Password Recovery In Different Languages: With the help of this feature you can recover your VBA password in different languages, alphabets, and symbols.
Recover Password Of Any Type And Length: Without any problem, this feature will recover the password of any type and length.
Full Recovery Process Help: This process will show the full recovery process in a proper manner. It will help the users in generating a password.
How To Recover VBA Project Password?
To recover the VBA project password there are two methods that can be used. The first one is the Automated method and the second one is the Manual method. Given below are the steps which you can use to recover the VBA project password.
Steps Of Automated Method To Recover VBA Project Password
To recover the VBA Project password from the automated method follow the given steps:
- On your PC you have to download and run the software.
- By clicking on the Add File/Add Folder option add the files which are protected from the password
- The next step is to select the files and click on the open button.
- By chance, if you have selected the wrong file you can remove it by clicking on the remove button.
- Then select the reset button.
- At last, the software will show the message “Reset Process Completed Successfully”.
Steps Of Manual Method To Recover VBA Project Password
There are 3 manual methods through which you can recover VBA passwords. The complete steps of all the methods are given below:
Method 1: Using The Hex Editor
- By using Hex editor create a new excel file.
- In the VBA file set the password. The shortcut key is (Alt+F11)
- Save the file and then exit.
- After that, you have to open the file which you have created.
- Then you have to copy the line starting with CMG=…, DPB=… And GC=…
- After that, you have to open the file for which you want to remove the password. And paste the copied lines into the file.
- Save the file and then exit.
- At last, you have to open the file where you want to see the code. And you have to enter the password which was used before.
Method 2: Using The Workbook Method
- Open the workbook. The password-protected sheets are saved there.
- To verify all the sheets together click the Alt+F11 keys.
- After that, type Insert- Module and you have to paste the code.
- Then you have to exit the editor of VB. And you have to select the workbook from which you want to remove the password.
- Last, type Tools- Macro-Macros and double-click on the password remover.
Method 3: Using The WinZip/WinRAR
- Firstly you have to change the .xml file format to the .zip file format.
- Right-click on the .zip file and open it with WinZip/WinRAR.
- After that open the file and while selecting the. xl folder extracts the vbaproject.bin file.
- Then you have to open the file which you have extracted with Hex editor. And then replace the DPB file with the DPX file and save the changes.
- After that, you have to change the .zip file to the .xlsm file format.
- Then you have to start the process of visual basics in MS Excel and click on the tool button.
- You have to find the VBA Project Properties and then select the Protection option.
- Enter the new password and save the file in the format of .xlsm.
- At last, open the file again and enter the new password.